I support a holistic approach to nutrition; not just using food for a healthy body, but also integrating movement/fitness, relationships, and a positive mindset for overall wellness. The first step to fixing bad habits and lifestyle choices is a shift in mindset and attitude. I believe movement is medicine, and getting our bodies moving is the best way to achieve the mind + body connection.
To support our mind & body, our food should be local when possible, mostly plant-based, pesticide free, and non-Gmo/organic. Forget eating low-vibe, lame foods that don’t support our environment or our bodies. Not only are we frequently out of touch to what is going on in our bodies, we are also disconnected from our natural environment in our modern society. One of the easiest ways to tap into the connection with our Earth is eating foods that are in season, local, and as close as possible to their original state.
My education and certification is through the UCSD Extension Integrative Nutrition Program. Through this program I was taught foundations of science-based nutrition, as well as using concepts from Ayurveda, Macrobiotics, and Chinese medicine for healing. I believe in bio individuality; there is no ideal diet for everyone. The best way for you to eat will be different from me and your best friend; YOU are unique and I personally incorporate my knowledge of yoga, breath work and meditation, and received my 200hr yoga teacher certificate in Vinyasa/Hatha yoga through Yandara Yoga Institute.
I offer a free 30 minute introductory counseling session. This session will include:
- Any questions you may have
- Discussing the form you filled out and emailed to me
- Discuss goals you have
- Determine the best approach to reach your goals
- How many following sessions would be best
I am accessible for in person meetings, as well as over the phone and Skype meetings. We will determine how many sessions works best for your goals, but generally it works best to have a session once a week for 5 weeks, and then a follow up session a month or 2 later.
All following sessions will be based on a sliding scale, depending on your income. I also offer payment plans which we can customize for your individual financial situation. Most nutrition counseling sessions run for about $125/hr, and I am well aware that this is not affordable for everyone. My goal is to be able to support those who typically don’t have access to this service and would greatly benefit from it; young adults, college students, and low-income families. I want everyone to have access to nutrition counseling so you can be stoked and feel bomb AF in your body!
If you are interested in getting started with a 30 minute counseling session:
Please read the following questions, copy and paste (with your answers) into an email, and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your full name:
- Age & gender:
- Height & Weight:
- What you would like to accomplish/gain from nutrition/health/lifestyle counseling:
- Any health issues? :
- current dietary restrictions:
- known food allergies:
- Give me an example of what you might eat in one day (at least 3 meals):
- any foods that don’t make you feel so good? :
- guilty pleasure when it comes to food? :
- where do you eat your meals? (table, in front of tv, in the car?)
- how often do you exercise/what form of exercise?:
- do you practice yoga or meditation?
- any old or current injuries:
- Typical time you wake up/go to sleep?
- can you briefly describe to me what your day looks like? (work? school?)
- what do you do for work?:
- do you have children? :
- what is your typical level of stress? :
- current mood as you fill out these questions?
- anything else you would like to share with me?